Cost-Effective Room Makeover
During an economic downturn, it may not seem like a good time to make improvements in your home. However, the fact that budget concerns may have you spending more time than ever at home, means that now of the best times to put money into it! Your kitchen is now your favorite “restaurant”, your living room is the “movie theater” and your spare room might just become your “office.” Now that you’re staying in, your home needs to be a place you enjoy and that works for you, your family and your guests.
Transforming your home into a stylish haven doesn’t have to be moved to the backburner just because your budget has tightened. It just means that your design has to be smarter. There are many small, cost-effective changes that you can make to a room that will make a huge difference. You must look at the changes you make as an investment in your home and your well-being – you are strongly affected by your surroundings.
To make the most of the time and money you put into making over a room there are many thing you should consider:
- Budget – Set a realistic budget and stick to it! There are many creative ways to dictate your budget without your budget dictating you.
- Priorities – Which rooms of the house most need a makeover? Where do you spend the most time? What are your needs versus your wants?
- What You Have – carefully analyze each piece in the room and decide what you can keep or reuse
- Your Style – find your own individual style and buy quality pieces that best reflect that style. Consider the longevity, practicality and appearance of each piece and how they will work together.
- Professional Guidance – many people blow their budgets because of “do-it-yourself” mistakes. You can actually save money by working with a designer on a consultant basis. You will get the best of both worlds – the expertise and guidance of a designer but the cost-savings and feeling of accomplishment you get from completing a project.
In the coming weeks I will be sharing some great, budget-friendly tips for making your home more stylish and inviting to you, your family and friends. In the meantime, please check out some of my room makeovers to see how easy it is.